Realistic Progression Opportunities + Training & Development + Award Winning Employee Share Plan + Pension + Flexible Working + 25 Days Holiday + Excellent Working Culture
Computershare are appointed by the Government to run a Custodial Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme in England and Wales. This scheme (The Deposit Protection Service) was launched by the Government on 6 April 2007 to ensure that tenants’ deposits are retained centrally and following completion of the tenancy there is a fair system for agreeing the amount of the deposit due back to the tenant. As part of this scheme, Computershare are required to run an alternative dispute resolution service to adjudicate on disputes between landlords and tenants.
Computershare also operate an insured tenancy deposit scheme in England and Wales (DPSI), a custodial scheme in Scotland (The LPSS Scotland), and a scheme in Northern Ireland (The LPS Northern Ireland).
The successful candidate for this role will be qualified in law to at degree level or equivalent, or be able to demonstrate extensive experience working in the private rented sector. They will require excellent attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and to understand and interpret complex disputes submitted for resolution via the ADR procedure. The nature of this role demands excellent communication skills, strong commercial acumen and the ability to achieve deadlines. A flexible attitude to work is essential.
- Completing adjudications for the respective share of disputes referred to the DPS/LPS Scotland adjudicators
- Resolving disputes between landlords and tenants and drafting adjudication decisions on behalf of The Deposit Protection Service/LPS Scotland/LPS Northern Ireland
- Liaising with the Dispute Resolution Case Handlers and other key individuals within the DPS/LPS Scotland
- Ability to work effectively and independently
- To assist the Head of Adjudication/Senior Adjudicators by carrying out other reasonable tasks as they may request from time to time
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Legal qualification – law degree level or equivalent (LLB, LPC, Chartered Legal Executive) or a proven record of experience working within the lettings industry and private rented sector
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Flexible in approach to work
- Able to work to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Detailed knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Law/Housing Acts, however for the right candidate, full training will be given
- Knowledge of the DPS
- Experience in Civil Litigation/Dispute Resolution
- Knowledge of Scottish/Northern Ireland contract and landlord/tenant law
Specific Key Benefits of the role
Computershare offers all employees 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan, subsidised gym membership and a flexible employee benefits scheme.
A truly diverse place to work
As a global company, Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
At Computershare, we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes. As a global organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.