Overview of the Role
Working at the heart of the organisations largest contracts this proactive role focuses on driving performance across all property sector types through the successful completion of value-add initiatives on retained Funds.
The position requires strong communication skills as the individual will have constant interaction with external advisers, including solicitors, letting agents, project management teams and valuers amongst others, in order to realise the asset management strategies. A particularly strong working relationship with the property managers team is a key component of the role.
Internal communication is crucial, this role seeks to bring many aspects of the business together into one composite client led solution.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the company Asset Management Director, proactively identify and deliver asset management initiatives, which positively impact on Fund performance for retained clients. This will involve the continual management of the lease events schedule, which often provide a starting point for value-add opportunities.
- Input asset management updates into Quarterly Written Fund Reports and present these updates in Quarterly client meetings with the Fund team.
- Provide regular updates on all ongoing asset management initiatives to the Property Management team.
- Assist Head of Asset Management on retained Institutional Client Fund in tracking all Asset Management and Added Value functions/initiatives across the Fund (all asset classes).
- Complete annual business plans and forecasting for properties under management, liaising closely with Property Management team.
- Regularly inspect the assets under management and liaise with the Fund's tenants to ensure that the AM Team is well-placed to react to information gathered and feed this into future asset management strategies.
- Management of all third party consultants including external asset managers, letting agents, lawyers, architects, technical consultants on active Asset Management projects.
- Take ownership for the management of outstanding and upcoming rent reviews across the Fund, either progressing these directly with the tenants or selecting and over-seeing surveyors to undertake them on the retained clients' behalf.
- Negotiation of lease extensions and, where appropriate, lease surrenders with existing tenants and of new leases with prospective occupiers.
- Coordinate refurbishment and redevelopment strategies, which involves the management of a wide range of professional consultants, such as architects, building contractors, engineers and insurers.
- Where appropriate, provide asset management input into prospective new acquisitions for clients, under-writing business plan assumptions where applicable.
- Represent the organisation through industry networking and ensure that knowledge of current property market trends is up-to-date.
- Support and contribute towards sustainability targets and initiatives.
- Play an active role in the growth and development of the Asset Management service line. An existing client base is not a requirement but the successful candidate will be able to generate and deliver new business opportunities.
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
- Degree educated and MRICS, at least 5 years PQE.
- Strong understanding of commercial property valuation methodologies and portfolio management strategies.
- Previous experience in property /asset management, leasing or occupational advisory role.
- Property investment modelling skills (not essential but nice to have)
- Bid writing and the preparation of case studies
- Must be highly motivated and capable of working independently but also collaboratively alongside the wider Property Management team.
- Must be prepared to travel regularly and be capable of forging working relationships with individuals from a variety of professional disciplines and backgrounds.
- Effective negotiator
- Computing skills, with particular emphasis on Excel, Argus Investor and Developer to run performance analyses