Assistant Property Manager
I am currently working on an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Property Manager to join a great team located in Bracknell, Greater London. My client specialises in the ongoing management of large residential developments, including the effective administration of +£20m of client service charge budgets. Based in Cambridge and with offices in London, Bracknell and Nottingham, my client works across East Anglia, London, the Home Counties, the South and East Midlands, and has plans for further growth. The Group also consists of separate Facilities Management and Legal businesses, employing over 200 people. My client prides itself on a commitment to excellence and customer service.
This is a key position in their Estate Management team. You will work in partnership with the Estate Managers to ensure a high standard of performance is consistently achieved. The role has 2 key parts: performing frontline communication with customers (eg. Resolving day to day queries and sending correspondence) and reactive maintenance management.
- Provide frontline communication (telephone, email and correspondence) with leaseholders
- Respond quickly to customer contact in an appropriate way (following company standards/protocols - not always by email) and always with a professional and helpful manner
- Take accountability by following up and seeing things through to the end
- Generate and send ad-hoc correspondence as required. This may involve letter writing/typing mail merging and mass mailings to residents, leaseholders and tenants
- Maintain excellent relationships, especially with Client Directors and contractors
- Resolve any problems/complaints from residents, tenants and lessees effectively and diplomatically
- Ensure the online portal is kept up-to-date with relevant and accurate information
- Handle reported maintenance issues in a timely and effective manner (following internal procedures), communicating with affected parties throughout the process
- Contractor Management: Source quotes and place orders with contractors to carry out works
- Ensure all insurance claims are handled promptly and reconciled appropriately
- Ensure that health & safety legislation, policies and recommendations are adhered to at all times
Skills and Experience
- A good standard of education is essential.
- A property qualification (eg. IRPM Part 1) would be desirable but is not essential
- Previous 'frontline' contact with customers is essential.
- Prior experience with software systems such as database management and ordering/invoicing is essential
- Prior experience with managing contractors is highly desirable
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills: good letter writing, telephone manner and ability to brief third parties when required (eg. contractors)
- Excellent computer skills: proficient in all Microsoft programmes and competent in mail merging
- Knowledge of Qube would be an advantage
- Good commercial skills: demonstrate commercial nous and a 'value for money' approach.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting Bracknell based Assistant Property Manager position please apply now and Jacob Gough will contact you to discuss the position in more detail.