Buoyed by its own success, this young, dynamic and highly ambitious residential developer, based in London's Pall Mall, seeks an Assistant Development Manager to join an award winning team.
Our client, a property development and investment company and a specialist in innovative living solutions throughout London, is enjoying several years of sustained growth and is reaping the rewards of this success, as evidenced by the award of several major schemes. Key to their success, they have targeted and secured schemes in increasingly-fashionable areas, such as Dalston and Greenwich, and are currently engaged in bringing several hundred units to site.
The lean internal development team has a common-sense approach to inner-city development, and has built its stellar reputation on delivering innovative co-living, student accommodation and latterly build-to-rent schemes to the market. Outsourcing much of the design and construction remit, they seek an aspirational Assistant Development Manager, ideally from a Technical/Project Management background, who will liaise with such external consultants as are appointed.
The role will encompass everything from assisting on the identification of new development opportunities, feasibility reports, site-optimisation and some limited involvement at the planning stage, as well as overseeing the delivery phases of the developments through to practical completion.
The ideal candidate will issue from a Technical background (for example Architecture or Structural Engineering), will have experience of overseeing the construction phases of large scale, high value projects as well as a broad understanding of the pre-construction aspects of development.
Our client's preference is for a candidate with somewhere in the region of 3-5 years experience, although more critically, someone driven and willing to exceed their remit. Any background in marketing would be a bonus, as the company are seeking to establish a brand which instils confidence in the public.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a property-related Bachelors Degree of some sort.
- Be polished, presentable and have a broad understanding of the full development life-cycle, from inception to completion.
- Be keen to contribute to an established and supportive team dynamic - big egos not required...
- Possess a demonstrable track-record of overseeing the delivery phases of development, including, but not limited to: collaboration with the design team; liaising with external consultants; liaising with Site Manager to ensure main-contractor performing as per expectations; keeping on top of time v. cost vectors.
This role will provide the successful candidate with:
- The opportunity to report directly to the company Directors.
- The platform to develop and grow within an already highly-acclaimed and steadily growing developer.
- Exposure to an innovative and relatively niche area of the market.
- The chance to work on challenging and truly unique developments.
- Access to appropriate professional training.
Salary: Up to £45,000 - dependent on experience.