ASSISTANT RIGHTS OF LIGHT SURVEYOR
Based out of well-appointed offices in Southwark, our client, regarded as one of the market leaders in the world of Rights of Light Consultancy, seeks an Assistant Rights of Light Surveyor to join their Rights of Light Team. The ideal candidate will have some prior exposure to the sector, but as this is an entry level role, our client will certainly consider candidates with the right competencies, even where they have no prior experience.
Advising on some of the UK's most complex developments, this specialist outfit, circa 40 heads strong, seek bright, driven and eager to learn candidates, ideally holding a Property or Legal Degree, and preferably with some grounding in the Property Sector. Year-on-year success has been the engine behind this requirement arising and this role represents an opportunity to work within a winning team on some of London's highest-profile projects.
The project pipeline will comprise a mix of commercial and residential properties, including some of London's landmark properties.
Job Purpose: To provide strategic advice to clients on Rights of Light matters.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Carry out site inspections, draft reports and provide support to the Directors.
- Collate data acquired during site inspections, including photos, measurements and relay to senior members of the team.
- Comply with all relevant regulations including health and safety.
- Maintain good client relationships.
- Reviewing Planning Applications.
- Liaising with Local Authorities.
Education and experience sought:
- Preferably degree-level education in a relevant field: Property or Legal background particularly desirable.
- General computer literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- GCSE English and mathematics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of relevant law i.e. Party Wall Act 1996 and / or ROL legislation.
- Strong client facing skillset.
- Good team player.
Key competencies and skills:
- AutoCAD (2D & 3D)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Time management.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organising.
- Good mathematical skills
In addition to a competitive salary in line with the wider market, our client encourages career progression and has been known to assist successful appointees in continuous professional development. As both a rapidly growing discipline in its own right, and as a platform to the sector more widely, this opportunity is ideal for applicants seeking to forge a promising career in the Property Sector.
Salary: dependent on experience £20,000 - £28,000
For further information, call Philip on 020 3056 6299.