The successful candidate will be the primary contact for ten of our clients and be responsible for 19 commercial properties made up of 94 tenants. They will be responsible for the client relationship management of these clients and the growth of their fee portfolio. They will have a junior surveyor to help them manage their portfolio and will be responsible for mentoring this person and helping them to achieve their professional qualifications.
Furthermore, the individual will be responsible for the strategic asset and property management of their portfolio and will need to undertake a broad spectrum of property management tasks of a day to day nature, including being responsible for 12 service charge properties. They will be responsible for the Healthy and Safety compliance of the portfolio and the facilities and contractor management relating to their properties.
The successful candidate will have good teamwork and communication skills, be commercial in their outlook and have an understanding of business development. The will also require a strong bias to customer service. They will preferably be 5+ years post qualification and have excellent office sector property management experience. Good IT skills are a must and ideally the candidate will have used MRI Qube or similar accounting systems previously.
This is a senior role in the team and we are looking for someone who has the drive and ambition to become a Partner in the department in the near future. You will need to be collaborative and have the ability to work along-side and with other service lines within the business including the lease advisory, office agency, retail agency, and investment teams.
The main duties and tasks will include;
- Carrying out property inspections and taking note of building defects, tenant non-compliances and the like.
- Managing client relationships including attending meetings, preparation of management reports, client entertaining and generally overseeing delivery of all aspects of the client instruction
- Liaising with tenants in respect of building and maintenance issues, chasing arrears and any other matters arising.
- Handling tenant applications to alter, assign and under-let
- Dealing with transactions including new leases, lease renewals and re-gears, and rent reviews, in conjunction with other service lines within the business.
- Entering property and lease information onto MRI Qube property management system (accuracy and attention to detail will be essential).
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers, instructing reactive maintenance and repairs, dealing with the tendering, procurement and management of project works and service contracts.
- Being responsible for the preparation of service charge budgets and reconciliations including reviewing and interpreting lease service charge provisions and understanding how they impact the management of property
- Management of Health & Safety compliance including using web-based H&S management systems, arranging risk assessments, dealing with remedial actions and ensuring documentation is up to date.
- Helping the Managing Partner respond to tender requests and preparing pitch documents. Presenting to potential clients and helping drive new business.
- Identifying and acting on cross-selling opportunities
- Championing customer service towards our client's occupiers.
- Helping to improve systems and processes making them more robust and ensuring scalability allowing for expansion.