I am currently working on an exciting opportunity for an Property Manager to join a great team located in Bracknell, Greater London. My client specialises in the ongoing management of large residential developments, including the effective administration of +£20m of client service charge budgets. Based in Cambridge and with offices in London, Bracknell and Nottingham, my client works across East Anglia, London, the Home Counties, the South and East Midlands, and has plans for further growth. The Group also consists of separate Facilities Management and Legal businesses, employing over 200 people.
The Property Manager is a pivotal position within the team. You will be responsible for co-ordinating all of the resources (internal & external) to effectively manage a portfolio of residential estates and deliver outstanding service to customers. The role has 3 key parts: controlling the financial aspects of an estate (preparing budgets, monitoring expenditure), implementing the planned & reactive maintenance programme and communicating with key stakeholders (chairing meetings and writing letters/reports).
- Prepare, review and implement annual budgets for each estate (in accordance with our procedures), ensuring the budget is approved and demands are issued on time
- Prepare regular reporting (monthly/quarterly) on the key management and financial aspects of your estates to Directors/Freeholders
- Ensure a comprehensive Planned Maintenance Schedule is in place for each estate and reviewed annually. Ensure all planned jobs are completed on time and contracts are tendered appropriately
- Conduct regular planned site visits (per agreed schedule) to ensure standards are upheld. File Inspection Reports appropriately and ensure any actions are successfully addressed
- Handle reported maintenance issues in a timely and effective manner (following internal procedures), communicating with affected parties appropriately
- Ensure that health & safety legislation, policies and recommendations are adhered to at all times
- Ensure appropriate Health & Safety reports are maintained and actioned appropriately for each estate
- Ensure each estate has an effective major works programme (and necessary Reserve Fund) to comply with the lease and maintain the condition of the estate. Review annually and successfully manage the major works programme (in conjunction with Building Surveyor)
Skills and Experience
- A good standard of education is essential.
- A property qualification (eg. IRPM Part 1) would be desirable
- Strong and relevant business/management experience
- While a background in estate management is desirable, your experience could be in a related property or customer management field
- Some experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost-efficiency
- Some working knowledge of building management, systems maintenance and repair projects
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills: good letter writing, telephone manner and ability to brief third parties when required (eg. contractors)
- Excellent computer skills: proficient in all Microsoft programmes and competent in mail merging
- Knowledge of Qube would be an advantage
If you would like to find out more about this exciting Bracknell based Property Manager position please apply now and Jacob Gough will contact you to discuss the position in more detail.