Block Manager for prime Central London managing agent
An experienced block manager is required by a well-established property management company based in Vauxhall.
This Block Management company has been providing specialist UK block management services across central, west and south-west London to residential blocks of flats for over 25 years.
As a founding member of The Associate of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA), there Block Management aims to provide the best possible block management service in London, with expert knowledge, care and attention to detail.
As part of this company's Block Management team you will offer a tailored approach to address each client's individual requirements.
This company believe that good communication builds strong relationships with clients and residents, and this is the key to their success as an industry-leading block management company.
This firm provides each client a dedicated property manager to ensure buildings are managed efficiently and according to specific needs of the client.
The duties of this block manager role will include:
- Responsibility for the management of a portfolio of high end residential developments.
- Undertaking regular property inspections, management of any client staff
- Negotiating competitive service contracts; supervision of contractors;
- Producing service charge budgets for client approval
- Arrears recovery
- Production of Section 20 Notices in respect of major works and long term agreements
- Dealing with pre-contract enquires from solicitors; Licenses to Sublet and Alterations
- Attendance at client meetings including board meetings, usually out of office hours; Taking minutes where required
- Where required to attend new business presentations
- Compliance with quality objectives in responding to correspondence and phone calls
The ideal block manager will have:
- A minimum of 3 years property manager experience, preferably around central London
- A thorough knowledge of property management software (preferably TRAMPS or QUBE)
- A strong understanding of current property management legislation
- Pleasant, helpful and efficient telephone manner
- Strong customer service with a can do, proactive attitude
- AIRPM or higher (not essential but preferable)
This role offers a competitive salary of up to £40,000pa
If you're interested in this opportunity to work for a high end, prestigious company located in central London, please apply now or contact Benjamin Brazil at Deverell Smith for further information.