A multi-national Property company are looking for a Building Manager to manage a trophy building in Canary Wharf.
The Building Manager will need to have excellent customer service skills and will be responsible for managing the day to day operations and services for the 220,000 Sq. Ft multi-tenanted commercial property, which is home to some household brands. The suitable candidate will also be responsible for managing the annual service charge budget, so must have previous experience in a similar environment.
- Maintain and service the building, both externally and internally to the high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets
- Assist with drafting, monitoring and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site.
- Regular inspection of the site and organise works where needed
- Oversee and review work carried out by contractors to ensure the standards achieved and maintained in line with the contract agreement.
- Ensure planned maintenance programmes are carried out in accordance with the planned programme and carried out within due timetable
- Monitor all health and safety requirements, ensuring site is compliant in line with standard requirements
- Manage contractor relationships to ensure best service and value is being delivered.
- Produce reports on a regular basis for operational management and surveying team as required.
- Undertake other related duties as directed including providing assistance/cover for other client buildings where necessary.
- Previous experience in managing a multi-tenanted commercial building
- Previous experience setting and managing a Service Charge Budget is essential
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good understanding of M&E
- IOSH or NEBOSH
£38,000 - £45,000 + Benefits.