A family run, North London Building Surveying practice are looking to add a Building Surveyor to their small but highly profitable team.
Founded over 50 years ago, this small practice delivers building and general practice surveying services to a wide range of residential, commercial and block management clients through Central London and the Home Counties, ensuring excellent service as well repeat instructions dating back to the company's inception. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company which is going from strength to strength as well as offering clear cut career progression.
There will also be the opportunity for flexible working in the role as well as a part time candidate in some cases.
- A willingness to undertake local and firm-wide business development initiatives, and increase develop the building consultancy service delivered from our London
- Pro-active self-starter with good interpersonal shifts and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- High level of attention to detail and an enquiring mind
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met
- The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations
- Experience undertaking Building Surveys, Homebuyer reports and Schedules of condition
- Knowledge of Planning and Building Regulations
- Experience in the design and refurbishment of existing buildings and administration of Building Contracts
- Defect Analysis - Identifying & analysing disrepair in a building, preparing reports explaining what is wrong and how to put it right
- Dilapidations claim experience with ability to read and understand lease covenants
- Experience in health and safety procedures, CDM and DDA
- A full driving licence is essential
The role will involve the following work to achieve targeted fee income
- Party Wall work.
- Serving party wall notices, preparing and agreeing party wall awards
- Preparing specifications, tendering and monitoring construction works on site
- Preparing drawings on Auto CAD for projects
- Planning and Building Regulation applications
- Preparing Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Building Surveys and Homebuyer reports
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations
- Measured Surveys of Land and Buildings
- Valuations for 90-year lease extensions and freehold acquisitions under the Leasehold Reform (if no experience training will be given)
- Development of existing
- Compliance with Company & RICS standards and procedures
Salary - £40,000 - £60,000
Location - North London