A well regarded national building consultancy are looking to add a Chartered Building Surveyor to one of their key offices based in Essex.
Founded over 80 years ago, this building consultancy has offices across the U.K and has seen the business go from strength to strength in recent times. As a Chartered Building Surveyor, you will be expected to have a broad knowledge and be capable of managing your core professional building surveying works, contract administration and project management between £30k to 5 million. This is a key role for the company and working under the practice partner, quick progression is expected.
- To actively seek new commissions and clients including distribution of marketing material in conjunction with the Office Partner and members of the Business Development Group.
- Ensure that all projects are procured in a professional manner and ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensure that all commissions assigned are completed to the requisite timescale, within budget and to the high standards expected by the company.
- Undertake Contract Administration duties as required by each particular project ensuring that high standards of professional integrity are maintained as required by; RICS, the company and professional ethics.
- Liaise and work with other members of the design team as well as external sources (if applicable) to ensure timely delivery and design of projects.
- To act as Party Wall surveyor or project co-ordinator as directed by the office partner.
- Undertake surveys and professional work as directed.
- Undertake expert witness work as directed.
- To keep accurate records of mileage and expense claims, maintaining receipts wherever possible.
- To meet annual and monthly fee targets as directed by the office partner.
- Attend regular office meetings
- Comply with the practices IMS system
- To effectively communicate at all levels and work on own initiative.
- Is aware of and promotes the companies values and objectives to other parties.
- Demonstrates a commitment to (and promotes) equality and diversity ensuring the company is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged.
Salary - £40,000 - £55,000
Location - Essex