A market leading, multinational building consultancy are currently recruiting for a Chartered Building Surveyor to work in either their London/Oxford offices or even a combination of both depending on requirements.
Sitting within Project and Building Consultancy, you will be providing design, professional building surveys, contract administration and project management services to sectors including education, utilities, private residential and corporate clients. You will represent the company in project meetings, providing updates and technical advice to clients across Oxfordshire, London and surrounding counties.
- Design and production of civil and structural drawings
- Determine project specifications by client requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates
- Identify technical solutions and undertake feasibility studies to identify optimum designs
- Represent the project and building consultancy department internally and to clients
- Liaise with surveyors to forecast workload and resources required
- Be aware of all client design requirements
- Supervise the preparation and checking of 2D/3D drawings
- Be responsible for and take accurate site measurements from inception through to construction to ensure accuracy of information produced
- Progress new business opportunities
- Ensure the team, including managers, are fully apprised of progress.
- Attend external networking events, keep abreast of market developments and share these regularly with the team as required
- Ideally educated to Post graduate level, preferably in a Construction or Building Surveying degree or equivalent professional qualification
- An understanding of construction processes
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Good understanding of bills of quantities and cost control
- Good project management abilities
- Client facing experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Packages and an understanding of AutoCAD
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (MRICS or similar)
- Knowledge of structural engineering principles
Salary - £35,000 - £60,000 (Depending on experience and number of years post qualification)
London - Oxfordshire and surrounding areas