Client Side Building Surveyor for unique and exciting high-end residential developer in central London.
You will have responsibility for prime residential refurbishment construction projects up to £25m from inception to completion, ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with agreed specification.
You will report to the development manager and will be responsible for managing external teams including external PM/EA's but will be expected to directly manage smaller projects where required.
You will have a crucial advisory role with regards to potential acqusitions, and should also posses excellent building pathology and defect diagnosis skills, and be passionate about the life cycle of buildings. It's really important to have hands on residential experience and understand the approach needed for such buildings, how they work and what is required to keep them compliant for lettings purposes. There is a separate management team for day-to-day issues however.
Due to the nature of the work, you should also be able to;
- Advise, agree and document construction project objectives with senior business management
- Recruit, interview, scope services, procure and organise the various professional consultants / sub-contractors / contractors working on a project
- Assess risk and manage risk mitigation from inception of project to completion
- Ensure that requirements are met, the project is completed on time and within budget and that contractor and consultants are delivering as instructed.
- Ensure quality standards are met and manage 'snagging' process post completion
- Track / Manage team performance and progress
- Monitor Contractors & sub-contractors to ensure project objectives and guidelines are maintained
- Manage accounting, costing and invoicing procedures and records
Candidates should ideally hold a professional qualification (MRICS, MCIOB) and preferably have previous client side experience, or seeking the next steps to work client side/
A thorough knowledge of residential construction, both new build and refurbishment, is essential.