Based in North London, this small but punchy Private Equity Real Estate Developer seeks a Construction Project Manager to assist in the delivery of 13 residential units on a recently-acquired site in rural Hertfordshire.
Traditionally specialists in the development and delivery of single-use residential units, they have recently acquired a number of sites earmarked for larger-scale developments and have a pipeline of 200 units to be delivered between now and 2020.
Exclusively developing for the Private Sale market, our client seeks a delivery-specialist, with demonstrable experience of the timely and cost-conscious delivery of schemes ranging from 10 - 50 units in scale. An understanding of the local market is a bonus, but the bottom-line reigns supreme: ensuring a healthy rate of return on our client's speculation means a greater reinvestment of the sale-proceeds into the acquisition of further sites, ultimately ensuring the longevity of the pipeline.
Planning has been secured on this first site and our client are ideally seeking to make an appointment within the next six weeks, subject to the suitability of the applicants. Key to this appointment will be the strength of the applicant's ability to manage the sub contractors, external consultants, planners, surveyors and architects.
The ideal candidate is likely to possess several of the following attributes:
- Educated to degree level in any of the following: Project Management, Civil/Structural Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Extensive exposure to residential developments (house-building background would be the ideal)
- Experience across the entire project life-cycle, including: overseeing site set-up, tender process, coordinating external consultants, groundworks, through to practical completion.
- Manage sub contractors and ensure that they are working to the programme
- Writing (and amending, where required) the project program
- Assist with the ongoing needs of the trades and labour
Answerable directly to a CEO who - hailing from a background in Engineering/Project Management himself - understands both the funding and delivery of such schemes, means that knowledge gaps will be picked up on, so only the strongest candidates need apply.
This is an opportunity to join a hungry team, enjoying sustained growth, and intent on continually raising the bar in terms of the scale and complexity of future projects. Getting in on the ground floor at this stage will in all likelihood yield significant rewards in due course and so this rule is ideally suited to candidates with a hunger to grow and learn.
In this environment - for those seeking it - there will be ample opportunity for the appointee to gain exposure to every stage of the development life-cycle: from the initial acquisition, feasibility, planning and delivery all the way through to completion and exit.
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 plus annual bonus.
For further information, call Philip on 020 3056 6299.