Situated between Marylebone and Mayfair, this innovative and thoroughly ambitious investor/developer seeks an experienced Delivery Project Manager to join the PRS development arm of the business.
Following the sale of their first-generation assets, our client has reinvested the proceeds of sale into the acquisition of further sites throughout the UK, and requires a gifted Construction Project Manager to assist in overseeing the delivery of their product: higher-end, innovative PRS.
This pioneering company do it all in-house, raising the capital, acquiring the sites, developing and delivering the schemes and then retaining and operating the end-product. Project scales range from 90 - 450 units in size and with nearly 5,000 units to be delivered across schemes throughout the UK, this is an opportunity to join a well-financed, SME-sized developer with a busy pipeline and ambitions to become a market-leader.
With the company broadly divided into Development and Delivery functions, the role of Delivery PM will report directly to the Head of Delivery, overseeing the delivery of their own schemes adjacent to the development team. While this is predominantly a delivery-focused role, an appreciation of the front-end (pre-contract phases) certainly wouldn't hurt: this is effectively a cradle-to-grave PM role.
Our client's ideal is someone with experience in both a consultancy/client-side AND a main-contracting setting, ideally with something a little more than pure-PM experience (e.g. Quantity Surveying/Civil or Structural Engineering). Exposure to PRS is not a pre-requisite, although certainly a bonus.
Culturally, though the office is professional, commercially-minded environment, this is a fun company to be involved in and our client seeks someone with a bit of personality to join the team; certainly no big egos sought, but someone a little punchy, focused and with a hunger to see the success of the business match their own.
Our client also places significant value on longevity, so is unlikely to contemplate someone with a track-record of having moved around overly frequently. He also seeks candidates who share his passion for quality: part of the reason he was drawn to PRS is that because the end asset is typically retained and operated, there's more of an interest on the part of the developer in the quality of their product.
The ideal candidate is likely to possess the following attributes:
- a degree level education in a Technical/Construction Discipline: Civil/Structural Engineering/Construction Project Management
- a minimum of 5 years' residential sector delivery-led Project Management experience
- ideally a blend of client side/main contractor experience WITH some exposure to a consultancy setting
- demonstrable track-record of having successfully delivered high-value, large volume PRS developments (not a prerequisite) or any other volume residential development asset
- extensive experience across the entire project life-cycle spanning design, procurement, professional appointments, project programming, discharge of planning conditions, steering delivery through to practical completion and beyond (defects and coordinating with the marketing/lettings to ensure occupancy)
- the autonomy to take the lead on a scheme, reporting into internal/external stakeholders on progress
- strong adherence to the bottom line and ability to forecast and negate risk
- an understanding of delivery within a wider development context
This high-performance environment is a great platform for a competent, independent Project Manager to take the next step in their career.
Salary: dependent on experience £55,000 - £75,000 with a 20% performance bonus on top.
For further information, call Philip on 020 3056 6299