A highly-reputable Investor/Developer platform, based in Mayfair, seeks a dynamic, versatile and ambitious Development Manager to join a team which has grown organically to over 50 heads in the office, due to their sustained success over recent years.
Historically specialising in 'Permitted Development' Type developments (notably office-to-resi change-of-use), as the PD loophole tightens, they are focusing more on New Build Projects, with a particular nod towards the UK's burgeoning PRS market.
A lean, dynamic set-up, they do as much as they can in-house, from site-identification, acquisition, financial modelling, development proposals, planning, tendering, contractual appointments, running the contracts through to completion, this role would be well-suited to a 'cradle-to-grave' type Development Manager, whose remit typically encompasses everything from the earliest pre-contract stages through to practical completion and handover. Our client retain the end asset, which they then manage in-house; as the company's bonus structure is linked to sales figures, an understanding of strategic interaction with the sales team, and formulating a viable exit-strategy, is critical.
With over 500 units to be delivered across live developments throughout London's up-and-coming areas, as well as a major (£1billion) JV with an institutional investor, this opportunity represents the chance to join one of the UK's fastest growing property investment and asset management companies, undertaking significant developments in the UK's bustling PRS market.
The ideal applicant is likely to possess the following qualities:
- Real Estate or Construction related degree Minimum 2:1
- Experience of working in a client-side capacity
- Exposure to both new build and refurbishment schemes, on a large scale (150+ units) and with the following sector focuses: residential, PRS or hotels
- Strong understanding of coordinating the planning and design processes
- An understanding of structuring JVs and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to lead meetings with external and internal project teams
- Assemble relevant consultants
- Understand cost and programme management
This is a great opportunity for someone with c.5 years' development experience to join a well-regarded and ambitious SME and work autonomously, taking ownership of significant developments.
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 dependent on experience, plus incentive-led package.
For additional information, please contact Philip on 020 3056 6299.