With a progressive mission-statement, centred around the development of large-scale, low-carbon, high-quality, residential developments on strategic sites dotted throughout the UK, our client has gained a reputation for being one of the most innovative, savvy operators in the market.
For the successful applicants, the focus will be the delivery of 10,000 residential units across two sites - in Warwickshire and Cambridgeshire - so a proven track record of the phased delivery of large-scale, high value schemes will give aspiring candidates the edge.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a minimum of 10 years experience of overseeing large-scale, high-value residential schemes (exceeding £50million GDV) throughout the entire life-cycle. That said, in light of our client's internal Land and Development team, the focus of this role will be almost exclusively delivery - while there will be some overlap with design and development functions, this will be limited to advising on issues of 'buildability.' The successful candidate's remit will predominantly begin and end once the scheme go live on site.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join of the country's most highly-feted developers - as such, only the most exceptional candidates will be considered for the role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold an honours degree in a Construction-related discipline: ideally Construction Management or Quantity Surveying
- Possess a minimum of 5 yrs Project Management experience in an equivalent organisation, delivering major residential developments
- Be based in or willing to relocate to either Warwickshire or Cambridgeshire: willingness to commute is immaterial
- Hold either an MRICS/MCIOB accreditation
- Possess a complete construction skillset with experience spanning the entire project life-cycle, particularly post completion
- A good understanding of cost and programme management
The successful applicant's focus would centre on project coordination under the supervision of a Senior PM, comprising the following:
- Direct and indirect coordination of main contractors
- Post contract quantity surveying duties - valuations, instructions, programme monitoring
- Assisting the Senior PM in their duty as Employers Agent and Contracts Administrator
- Assistance in the preparation of tender documentation
- Representing the Company at progress meetings
- Coordination of design development, discharge of planning conditions, completion of technical approvals and associated legal agreements
- Monthly cost reporting against budget
- Attendance at internal staff meetings and completing actions arising
- Procurement of small works contracts and management of the same to completion.
Salary: Up to £65,000 + package