Project Manager required for one of the largest developments in London, with over 1 million sqft of commercial office space. This client side opportunity shall see you working at the forefront of technology and construction build process, with a strong emphasis on the end users.
The Project Manager shall undertake development management services primarily on offices on sites with a particular focus (but not limited to) the client interface, briefing and design review elements of their development management appointment. Involvement in other projects to be as reasonably requested too.
This role has a particular focus on supporting the Development Management team re main contractor and trade contract overview, with project management of contract, programme, cost, and reporting to end user client. It will have an element of design management interface.
Project Manager duties and requirements:
- Supporting the Project Director acting as the Development Manager for their client, working as part of the wider Development Management team, in satisfying duties and requirements as set out in the Development Management Agreement between the client and developer
- Construction or property related degree and chartership is preferred but not essential.
- Experience working on large scale, multi sector schemes in Central London
- Third party stake holder engagement knowledge
- Work with others to coordinate (and in many cases lead the coordination of) the design and delivery of building and infrastructure projects
- Interact as necessary with retained parties, third parties and interested stakeholders including landowners, asset owners, parties with statutory functions, architects, engineers, contractors, surveyors, planners, landscape designers, built environment specialists, tenants, local authorities, lawyers, community groups, schools and young people in pursuance of the delivery of the development
- Undertake, as necessary, construction and procurement-related, development, economic, planning, design, cost and occupier research
- Undertake business planning activities, including basic financial modelling, cost plan refinement, construction and phasing of development
- Generally assist in wider aspects of the delivery and subsequent management of their project, as appropriate
On a project of such scale and complexity as this, the parties acknowledge that duties will necessarily evolve as the project moves forward and need someone who is flexible and can manage their time well.
Salary - £55,000 plus package.