The property department of a well regarded County Council are looking to add a Senior Estates Surveyor to their existing core team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Multi-Council Property Partnership. As an experienced Estates Surveyor, you will be responsible for the management of the Councils leased portfolios with a focus on generating income streams and seeking out new opportunities to increase income from property.The post holder will also provide strategic direction on one or more on the Council's leased-in portfolios, with a view to reducing costs to the authority.
You will also be required to:
- Actively manage the existing portfolio to maximise the value and drive income.
- Identify refurbishment and potential development opportunities
- Negotiate and manage lettings, lease renewals, rent reviews, deal with voids, dilapidations, rating issues and other tenancy related matters.
You will be required to have extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Landlord & Tenant matters and be able to manage individual projects and work as part of a team. You will need to have understanding of budget management and cost control and be able to provide pragmatic solutions. The Senior post will be required to line manage a member of staff.
You will be a self motivated and committed individual who will be able to work within a small team and take the initiative.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Ability to undertake negotiations and bring transactions to a satisfactory conclusion.
- The post holder will be expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative and strategic thinking coupled with a sound knowledge and experience in finding practical solutions to issues.
- RICS qualification or evidence of substantial equivalent experience.
- Commercial property experience.
Location - Surrey
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000
In addition to the salary, flexible working is supported where possible and laptop/mobile supplied will be supplied. 24 days annual leave, final salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme.