Our client is one of the UK’s premier property groups with various disciplines in the group to include Development, Investment, Commercial & Residential.
They are looking to recruit a Commercial Asset Manager to deal with all aspects of a diverse and varied commercial property portfolio. Assisting with the acquisition and evaluation of commercial property investments.
- Prepare asset strategies and implement actions within proposed time scales
- Carry out property inspections to ensure properties are maintained in accordance with lease terms.
- Managing 3rd party agents
- Identify opportunities and initiatives to enhance and increase capital and rental value.
- Initiate and complete lease extensions/lease re-gears to maximise income and capital value.
- Coordinating any reactive or planned repairs or maintenance.
- Ensuring that all Landlord & Tenant lease obligations under the leases are complied with.
- Ensuring all rents due are collected and taking the appropriate action to recover outstanding debt and working in close liaison with the Finance team.
- Preparation of service charge budgets and on-going monitoring of actual expenditure against budget.
- Appointing contractors and liaising with Estates Administrator and Building Managers where necessary.
- Carrying out a full audit and reconciliation of service charges in conjunction with the accounts department and preparing the necessary reports to be sent to all tenants.
- Approving invoices relating to properties and providing correct allocation under the service charge codes.
- Ensuring timely payment of any non-recoverable expenditure.
- Assist Head of Commercial / Residential Acquisitions with analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities
- Preparation of appraisals to present to Board for approval process
Background / Experience:
- Previous Commercial Property Management experience essential
- Asset Management experience preferred
- Agency / Landlord & Tenant background considered
- Basic investment appraisal knowledge
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Possess strong and effective communication / negotiation skills
- Negotiable basic plus bonus scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where you will handle all aspects of the department with strong earning potential.