Commercial Director required for a private PRS developer based in Central London with a very healthy pipeline.
The role shall incorporate the full life cycle of schemes.
- Proactively assist acquisitions team in evaluating potential acquisitions, with the
- experience to quickly asses the condition of the existing property, its suitability for Inspired ideology, and development construction costs.
- Prepare schedules of accommodation and project appraisal.
- Identify risks and opportunities of existing properties.
- Assemble, lead and manage a team of consultants in the preparation of construction documents, then steer the process to the best possible planning outcome in the shortest approval time.
- Actively build our base of contractors to bid on work, with responsibility to actively seek construction companies to tender on work - 3 bids for each project.
Develop improvements to current procurement strategy under design and build.
- Develop strategy and build relationships with suppliers to purchase certain goods in high volumes. Negotiate bulk pricing, direct supply of kitchens, white goods etc. and incorporating that to D&B.
- Develop strategy to improve current pre-contract performance specifications that are tendered by contractors.
- 10 + years of experience
- An existing network of architects, engineers, contractors etc.
- An understanding and past experience working with private funders, as well as dealing with building warranties and building control requirements.
- Experience working with planning on PD conversion schemes, HMOs and PRS schemes across the UK.
- Experience in Design & Build contracts with full understanding of JCT 2011, 2016, S106, S73 and other planning requirements.
- A proven track record in negotiations with contractors for the benefit of the owner.
- Strong leadership by example and an extremely professional attitude
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven
- Passionate about Development and Con
The company are motivated to rewarding good work and pay competitive salaries and annual bonus, plus a good package.