Our client, a leading Residential Developer are seeking a Construction Planner to join their flagship project in Central London. Our client is developing over 1400 properties over the next 10 years and have proven high end development experience across London and the South East. The Planning Manager is responsible for providing assistance and support to the Project Director.
Main responsibilities include
* Preparation of fully logic linked programmes for pre-construction and construction activities including procurement and design.
* Maintenance of programmes and carrying out of updates when required.
* Assessing programmes from differing perspectives and providing advice and support to the Project Management team regarding all foreseeable impacts of the programme.
* Undertaking visits to sites in order to assess the programme progress and to amend the project programme accordingly.
* Provide progress reports to the Project Management team and client representatives as required on a project-by-project basis.
* Working alongside the Design Team to highlight variations in order to make relevant amendments and incorporate changes to the programme when necessary
* Tracking sign-off of key decisions and information requirements.
* Managing cost-information for each project.
* Monthly reporting of technical amendments and progress through detailed summaries of programme status.
HNC or a Construction related qualification coupled with 5 or more years construction related experience.
Computer literacy and proficient with modern project-planning software
Experience of using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Access, Excel & PowerPoint
Experience with PowerProject and Primavera P6 is favourable but not necessary.
Being aware of construction trends, changes and issues
Awareness of Design, Town Planning and Development processes
Understanding of modern Construction Processes
Commercial awareness, in particular Procurement.
Plant and equipment processes
Statutory requirements and Legal obligations.
Excellent communication skills
Strong client facing skills including a good listening ability
Strong relationship building with team members and colleagues. Displaying a willingness to help other colleagues and sharing of experience and knowledge