One of the UK's leading construction consultancies providing project management, cost consultancy, CDMC, building surveying are looking to add a Building Surveyor (ideally chartered) to their team. The successful candidate will provide general building surveying support to the wider team.
They are looking for an experienced, commercially minded individual to join their successful team as a Building Surveyor. This consultancy would ideally like a freelance building surveyor, willing to work 2-3 days a week on a range of projects across London. You aren't required to come into the office every day (unless project dictates) and this will be a rolling contract, initially for 3 months but with a strong chance to be increased.
You will have a proven track record of outstanding results gained in private practice (or equivalent) which demonstrates the general breadth of experience you hold.
- Ideally MRICS qualified although MCIOB may be considered if within a commercial environment
- Circa 5+ years experience in Surveying industry
- To work primarily in London with some national travel
- Can be London, Milton Keynes or home based
- Competent in undertaking Due Diligence Surveys on large / inner city buildings
- Good level of Party Wall Surveying experience
- Good technical ability in design and specification writing for repair and fit out contracts
- Experience with procurement and administration of JCT suite of contracts
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a small team
- Experience in project management beneficial but not essential
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) skills and an interpersonal style that enables you to flourish when working with clients.
- Have exceptional planning and organising skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise effectively and manage multiple demands
- Be able to work independently, make sensible judgements and decisions, and take responsibility for doing whatever it takes to get the job done
For more information, please get in touch with Michael at email@example.com or 020 3056 0293 for further details.