A highly-commercial and ambitious Housing Association, operating out of their Kings Cross Headquarters, seek competent, driven Project Managers, with an equivalent mindset, to assist in attaining an ambitious regional development uplift of 800 units per annum, taking production from its current 700 units up to circa 1500 affordable housing units in the next 3 -5 years.
A slick operation, with nationwide interests, our client undertakes major projects (up to 250 units on a given site) throughout London and the Home Counties and seek Project Managers - ideally from a Consultancy/Private Development background (better still with an HA facet to their profile) - to join an award-winning team, already steeped in such backgrounds.
Overseeing the delivery of large-scale developments (under the guidance and support of a 'Senior Delivery Manager') in a client-side capacity, our client's preference would be for a candidate with equivalent experience. As such, applicants from a consultancy background will ideally have worked in an EA capacity.
Embedded within an established and supportive hierarchy, the appointee is likely to possess circa 2 - 4 years of industry experience and familiarity with delivering high-value, complex projects, with a relative degree of autonomy. An MRICS certification would certainly give applicants an edge, as our client seeks to establish a well-conceived grad-scheme, though this is by no means a pre-requisite.
The successful applicant will also be expected to deliver schemes, not just on a s.106 basis alongside specialist housebuilders, but also with land-led sites, built out by contractors from our client's existing framework. Pretty much everything they do these days is apartments, so multi-storey is a plus.
The ideal candidate is likely to possess some - if not all - of the following attributes:
- A degree level education in a Technical background: Architecture/ QS/ Engineering/ Construction Project Management).
- A holistic appreciation of Project Management across the development life-cycle, from inception to practical completion.
- An MRICS accreditation in either Project Management or Quantity Surveying (or, if not, a RICS-accredited degree).
- Experience working in a client-side setting.
- 2 - 4 years experience of delivering large-scale projects.
- A background in either Consultancy or Private Development.
- Experience of: coordinating external consultants through the design, planning and tender stages; appointing and coordinating all contractors; writing the project schedule; steering projects through to successful completion.
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- A competitive salary, somewhat more generous than many of their competitors offer
- A performance-related bonus, in line with the market in which they operate
- The tutelage of a deeply knowledgeable senior report
- An ambitious platform on which to develop, with ample scope for progression within the existing company structure
- Access to relevant training, particularly APC if desired
- Training to become a RICS assessor, if desired.
- Good perks related to the role
- Opportunity to develop into an independent self-assured project professional
Salary: £30,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience, plus performance related bonus.
For further information, call Philip on 020 3056 6299.