Senior Surveyor/Associate - Development & Investment Valuation (Residential Advisory)
The available role is within the Development and Investment Valuation team. The team has an excellent reputation in the market with particular expertise in medium to large scale residential and mixed-use development, housebuilding, Build to Rent and investment.
The team are seeking a Senior Surveyor level valuer to assist with valuations of residential development schemes, investment/build to rent assets, and portfolios for a variety of purposes and high profile clients, primarily across London, the South East but also across the UK (nationwide portfolios). The varied role will provide the opportunity to focus on both developments for the sales and rental market.
The position would suit a highly capable individual with a high attention to detail, a good understanding of valuation and with relevant experience. The candidate will be versatile and will ideally have experience in valuing a variety of property types to include mixed use residential-led development properties and residential investments.
- Inspection of development sites and residential assets.
- Measurement as required of completed apartments and houses.
- Collection, detailed analysis and interpretation of comparable transactions.
- Individual capital and rental unit pricing using the comparable method.
- Assisting with and undertaking development valuations/residual appraisals in respect of both build for sale and build for rent and opportunities.
- Assisting with and undertaking investment valuations of build to rent opportunities (income capitalisation and DCF)
- Preparation of reports for a variety of purposes including loan security, fund valuations, accounts, acquisition, and disposal.
- Working alongside Directors and Associate Directors.
- Working closely with and training graduates as required.
- Liaising frequently with other teams including Residential teams, Commercial Valuation, Building Consultancy and Planning teams.
- High level of quality control and diligence is essential. Maintaining the high standard of output that our clients expect.
- MRICS qualified.
- Valid UK driving license.
- Strong team ethos and committed to delivering work on time to clients.
- Experience in valuing commercial and mixed-use property.
- Experience of Argus Investor/Enterprise, Argus Developer and Excel based models.
- Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written English and report writing skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills for interaction with other team members and clients.
- Good at managing workload and prioritising daily tasks.
- Enthusiasm, with a strong sense of commitment to a career in valuation.