I am currently searching for a Development Director to join one of the UK's most respected and sought after developers. The role of Development Director would be to oversee the development of the company's sites in two of London's central Boroughs. The role would be to successfully manage the progression of the companies development pipeline. They are seeking innovative and competent professionals with tangible experience in the UK property market.
The role is mainly focused on the front end of the development process but an appreciation and understanding of the delivery side is also important. The Development Director will assume responsibility for the successful progression of a development pipeline and the team strategy for successful operation of the Development management unit.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Management of projects through defined development milestones
- Lead teams through feasibility, site assembly, planning, pre-letting, funding, Development delivery, marketing, sales, leasing and handover process
- Oversee feasibility appraisals and various financial assessments to identify viable development proposals
- Overseeing site assembly through the brokering of land deals, negotiation of Agreements and resolution of compulsory purchase, rights of lights etc.
- Oversee all legal due diligence, funding negotiations and the documentation of all relevant Agreements
- Approval of project development brief with explicit objectives, roles and responsibilities, programme and deliverable's
- Approval of appointment of professional teams to design viable development proposals that meet the constraints of the site and planning policies.
- Lead planning applications through the planning process (submission, consultation, S106 Agreement) to secure consent within budget and programme.
The Development Director is Likely to:
- Have strong leadership skills
- Be an effective communicator both verbally and written - Understand when to ask for help and when to offer it
- Be an established, high calibre development professional
- Possess a proven track record of delivering complex development schemes in the UK
- Proven experience of property development, particularly planning
- Demonstrable understanding of the development process from inception through to completion.
For more information on this role, please submit your application through this portal and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.