The Investment/Development arm of one of the UK's largest, longest established and most accomplished main contractors seeks an experienced and hands-on Development Manager to assist them in the delivery of an equity-financed, 50:50 Joint Venture, large scale (1,500 unit) residential scheme in East London. Thereafter, the successful appointee's remit will centre around identifying viable development opportunities throughout the UK, bringing them to site and then handing over to our client's internal delivery team.
The successful candidate is likely to possess a similar specialism to our client - a demonstrable track-record of successfully delivering high-volume, mixed-use (though residentially-led), mixed-tenure developments, incorporating elements of commercial, retail and leisure.
A role comprising comprising everything from origination, viability, financial modelling, development appraisals, JV-structuring, site-optimisation, design and planning, the appointee is likely to have a particularly strong front-end skillset. While this is predominantly a front-end role, the strongest candidates will have a holistic appreciation of the development life-cycle, from concept to completion. Critically, an appreciation of the construction process will allow for consultation on buildability with the delivery team at the pre-construction phase.
Exposure to contract values in excess of £50million would be advantageous, as would conversancy with the financial mechanisms underpinning the development process. Extensive experience liaising with local authorities, particularly planning officers, is a must.
This role would be ideally suited to a candidate with extensive experience of bringing large-scale urban regeneration, residential developments to site, preferably straddling both private and public sector spheres.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a property-related Bachelors Degree of some sort.
- MRICS chartered in a property-related discipline.
- Have a minimum of 6 years professional experience in private sector residential development.
- Be highly practical, presentable, have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and be good at identifying promising investment opportunities.
- Excel, both as an individual in pursuit of their own remit, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a proven ability of taking the conceptual and bringing it to site.
This role will provide the successful candidate with:
- The opportunity to work within a well-financed and ambitious developer - already a market-leader in the world of main-contracting -and whose stock is on the rise.
- The platform to progress within one of the UK's leading property companies.
- The chance to out their stamp on iconic, challenging and unique developments, throughout the UK.
- Access to appropriate professional training.
Salary: Up to £80,000 base.
For further information, call Philip on 020 3056 6299.