Almost exclusively a Private Entity, our client - a nationwide conglomerate and one of the UK's largest development, regeneration and property management companies - has come a long way from its modest roots as a Housing Association. Galvanised by a senior management steeped in Private Sector development, our client seeks like-minded Development Managers to join their Surrey-based Development team.
Having developed nearly 200,000 homes nationwide, this slick operation seeks to reconcile an aggressively commercial agenda with their key ideals of sustainability, build quality and design. Our client has recently signed a Joint Venture with a Local Authority, the focus of which is a 15 year development programme, contract value circa £1.5 billion, comprising 14 separate sites and a broad spectrum of built assets: residential, commercial office space, later living and retail.
With the expectation that the successful applicant will bring 350 units through viability, feasibility, tendering and to site in their first 6 months at the company, this role offers challenge and variety in a fast-paced development setting and would be well-suited to applicants who are used to overseeing multiple sites simultaneously.
The successful applicant is likely to have an equivalent background to that of our client - high volume, residentially-led developments - and preferably come from a reputable Private Development/Consultancy background. The role in question will span the entirety of the development life-cycle, although with a greater emphasis on the front-end of the development life-cycle. While construction experience is less critical (our client has their own in-house construction team and extensively engage the services of external consultants) the appointee will be involved until keys exchange hands and an understanding of the construction process would be a bonus, allowing for consultation with the delivery team during pre-construction.
Exposure to contract values in excess of £30million would be advantageous, as would being conversant with the financial mechanisms underpinning the development process. Extensive experience liaising with local authorities, particularly planning officers, is a must.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a property-related Bachelors Degree of some sort.
- Have a minimum of 6 years professional experience in the Property sector.
- Possess a strong front-end skillset, beginning with the conceptual, through design, site-optimisation, planning and concluding at the point of handover.
- Be highly practical, presentable, have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and be good at identifying promising investment opportunities.
- Excel, both as an individual in pursuit of their own remit, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a proven ability of taking the conceptual and bringing it to site.
This role will provide the successful candidate with:
- A highly competitive salary, and a range of perks associated with the role.
- The platform to progress within one of the UK's leading property companies.
- The chance to out their stamp on iconic, challenging and unique developments, throughout the UK.
- Access to professional training, where relevant.
Salary: Up to £80,000 base.
For further information, contact Philip on 020 3056 6299.