I am searching for a Development Manager to join a Family office based roughly 30 minutes outside of Central London in Kent. They have a large portfolio of commercial property in the UK and mainland Europe with a large office in Berlin. The company have recently become involved in the residential sector and since employing a senior member from a large Developer, have gone from strength to strength and as a result are looking to expand their operations. They have done JV's with the likes of Linden Homes, Wates and Taylor Wimpey and have been involved in 9 projects in the last 18 months.
Due to recent success, the company have a relatively large land bank and have the capability to acquire more using their own funds. They are looking to employ a person who can help in taking the opportunities through the planning process and make the site as profitable as possible. They do not currently build out their own developments but this is something they are looking to do in the future.
The main responsibilities of the Development Manager are:
- To support the Senior Development Manager facilitate the purchase of sites
- Appoint external consultants and manage them throughout the process
- Progress sites to a stage where they are either able to sell them for a profit or develop them alongside a JV partner
- Add value to sites in the portfolio through planning gains
- Carry out appraisals on sites to ascertain their maximum value
- Work to deliver the best overall result for the company, regardless of the task or duty.
The ideal Development Manager will:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the planning process and be very hands on during this process.
- Be able to work on multiple projects at one time
- Have experience working with and managing external consultants.
- Have worked with either a residential developer or consultancy specialising in residential development
- Be either MRICS or MRTPI qualified
- Be highly motivated and willing to chip in where needs be.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary - up to £50,000 basic depending on experience
- Bonus - Based on company and individual performance
For more information or to apply for this role please upload your CV or call me on 020 3056 0289