This multinational residential developer, well-established in the Asia-Pacific market, is seeking to engage the best the local market has to offer to deliver their product, complex and innovative mixed-use, PRS-led developments, to the UK market.
Our client, while a new entrant to the UK residential market, possesses all the ambition, experience and financial clout to rival the best of what's currently on offer and is seeking to make two high-level appointments to secure their aspirations: a Construction Director and a Development Director.
The ideal candidate for the role of Development Director/Construction Director, will possess a minimum of 10 years client-side experience of overseeing complex, high-value projects (exceeding £100million GDV), incorporating hundreds of residential units and elements of commercial/retail premises, throughout the entire life-cycle, from site-identification to disposal.
While the emphasis on front/back-end experience will be different for each respective role, a holistic appreciation of the development process in its entirety will be the client's preference as the roles will encompass the harmonisation of the following between the development and delivery teams: identifying viable development opportunities from the existing land bank, feasibility studies, financial projections, planning, as overseeing the delivery process through to handover/completion.
The roles will comprise the following duties:
- Site identification, feasibility and development appraisals.
- Strategic planning of both Development briefs and Delivery timelines.
- Overseeing the design team and external planning consultants to ensure that planning consent is secured from outline stages through to completion.
- Running the tender process, negotiations with contractors and award of contracts.
- Cost planning and appointment/management of external QS appointments.
- Formulation of project documentation, programmes, master budget and then gauging contractor progress against the contract programme.
- Overseeing all external consultants to ensure contractual compliance.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that budget and timeline are adhered to while also ensuring observation of best practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- A BSc degree or equivalent in a Property/Construction related degree.
- Expert knowledge of UK planning regulations.
- Have at least 10 years experience within a Consultancy or Property Developer: ideally both.
- Speak fluent Mandarin.
- A demonstrable track record of successfully delivering complex, large-scale (in excess of 300 units), high-value residential and mixed-use projects in the UK, ideally London-based experience.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder skills are a necessity
- Track record of being able to manage the full life-cycle of construction projects, from inception through to completion.
Salary up to £130,000 plus bonus + benefits.