I am currently working on behalf of one of London's top consultancies to find a qualified Development Surveyor. Based in Central London they offer a range of options to anyone in property from occupiers to developers and everything in between. This particular role is within the development team which provides consultation to and agency advice across primarily the residential sector. Typically the projects are large and complex and will invariably require cross consultation with the other departments in the company.
The team work primarily with the public sector however there is an increasing amount of business coming in from the private sector who are looking to pursue development opportunities with the public sector. This particular team are considered to be in the top two advisors to the public sector so this represents a great opportunity to join a team in a massively growing market.
The main responsibilities of the Development Surveyor:
- Advise local authorities, developers and land owners on affordable housing and S106 viability issues;
- Undertake physical and financial appraisals of mixed tenure and mixed use sites;
- Liaise with local authorities, developers and private land owners;
- Work with financial analysts, inputting into and appraising financial models;
- Assist in preparing formal reports and valuations endorsing the terms of sale and purchase.
The Ideal Development Surveyor will have:
- MRICS qualification;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong numerate and analytic skills;
- Proven experience of residual appraisals and cashflows;
- Knowledge of affordable housing;
- Very good interpersonal skills;
- 1-3 years Post qualification experience.
Salary and benefits
- £35,000 - £50,000 - depending on experience
- Car allowance
For more information or to apply for this role please upload your CV and contact details.