A technically gifted and highly experienced construction professional is sought by our client, a Central London-based, boutique and highly creative commercial developer, to work in tandem with their internal development team in ensuring the smooth delivery of their innovative office-space solutions.
The successful candidate would be based out of their office in Farringdon, a stone's throw from where they predominantly bring their product to market, targeting prime areas such as Clerkenwell, King Cross, Smithfield and Aldgate, to name a few. Describing themselves as a 'value-add investor' developer, they essentially target distressed assets, strip them back, fit them out to a high standard of finish and make their margin on disposal. The role of Head of Construction will not comprise site acquisitions, but the successful candidate will be expected to oversee projects from the pre-con stage, through to completion, including collaborating on the planning phase to ensure that the design team's vision translates to buildability.
Despite this collaboration at a pre-construction phase, the role of Director of Construction will be strongly delivery focused, and our client has articulated a desire for both 'do-ers' AND 'thinkers,' hands-on, independent-minded candidates, looking to take ownership of their own projects, not content to sit on the side-lines and delegate.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a construction related degree: architecture/quantity surveying/construction management/engineering.
- Be familiar with offering guidance at the pre-construction phase: assisting in both design and planning, to facilitate their own remit, the smooth delivery of the projects.
- Have extensive site-based experience.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the entire construction process.
- Experience of integrated fit out projects.
- Possess a good understanding of cost and programme management, as well as the tender process, liaising with the design team, appointment and management of external consultants and sub-contractors, matters of procurement and ultimately steering the projects to completion on time and under budget.
- Hold 10 plus years experience.
Salary wise, a base of £70 - 85k, but this a heavily performance-driven role and exceptional performance will be rewarded with generous bonuses, taking the successful applicant's salary north of £120k. Equity is on offer a couple of years down the line, which should be a major draw.
To find out more about this exciting role, call Philip on 020 3056 6299