The Director of UK Portfolio Research is a key member of my clients leadership team, responsible for continuous delivery of timely, comprehensive and accurate information. They will draw from a range of experience and management techniques to develop the full potential of the Portfolio Research team to fuel growth. They will be an intelligent, quick and agile thinker with the ability to rapidly analyse data and behaviours while translating insights into operational direction and results. Above all, the Director is accountable for results and will hold others accountable for individual and team performance.
The primary method of data collection is interaction with the commercial real estate community through phone-based research, requiring the team to demonstrate strong skills in communication, extensive knowledge of commercial real estate and attention to detail. The Director will be responsible for the following:
- Gaining trust and confidence of the company's senior management team, employees, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining a team of strong leaders who value accurate data and the customer experience and, through effective management of their teams, deliver highly accurate and detailed information products, and operate at a high level of efficiency.
- Build and retain a complete team of top-quality first line Managers and address those who do meet this high threshold in a timely manner.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Managers and key Researchers and facilitate their professional growth within the organization.
- Establishing an environment of clear expectations and accountability across all levels of research.
- Implement the established and proven research process in the UK while developing efficiencies for effective data collection, and, when performed correctly, deliver the highest quality of data.
- Ensuring high frequency of monthly interviews, agent contact, quality of interviews and quality of data entry.
- Holding Managers accountable for their teams' quality of process and results.
- Creating an environment that motivates and engages employees by providing a positive employment experience and by continuously communicating the connection between the research role and asscociated products, the user experience and ultimately the entire commercial real estate industry.
- Represent the organisations research as being a 'team of excellence' and an 'employer of choice'.
- Ensuring staffing levels and organizational structures are appropriate to support high quality data and operational efficiency.
- Collaborating cross-functionally in the following areas:
- With Training and Development to ensure Researchers and Managers have the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in their current roles and to advance through internal career path.
- With Comps Research Leadership to ensure Portfolio Research is providing quality data for sale comparisons.
- With Tenant Research Leadership to ensure Portfolio Research is communicating about Tenant moves and changes.
- With Field Research Leadership to ensure quality leads are being submitted and converted into listings in the database, and to coordinate new construction reviews on a regular basis.
- With the Sales department to ensure Research efforts are aligned with market feedback.
- Leading by example, creating a climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating top-quality employees at all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or relevant graduate degree strongly preferred; ideally in business management, real estate, economics, finance or a related discipline.
- 5 to 10 years of operational leadership experience with at least three years leading teams of over 50 people.
- Experience leading large primary data collection operations with multiple reporting levels.
- Ability to meet project deadlines, keep schedules, manage costs and perform to target levels in a fast-paced production environment without compromising quality.
- Demonstrated success in building teams of effective leaders to achieve a desired result.
- History of strong performance management through multiple reporting levels.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate or commitment to learn commercial real estate.
- Experience creating and executing high-level operational strategies while learning and applying new concepts quickly.
- Change management experience.
- Ability to deliver accurate data with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, viewing adversity as an intellectual challenge; in response, developing new perspectives and increasing effectiveness.
- Ability to build consensus among parties with sometimes disparate or conflicting positions, applying seasoned judgement, making difficult decisions and representing them confidently.
- Exceptionally strong verbal, written, and analytical skills.