Our client is one of the North’s longest standing and most respected Property Firms, working across Residential Sales, Lettings, Surveying, Commercial and Auctions, with a number of branches across the North of England.
This long established and highly regarded firm enjoys an enviable reputation in the North, putting customer service and client relationships first.
Due to continued growth and expansion they are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Energy Team Leader/Senior Project Manager to be based in Northumberland to be responsible for leading the Energy team.
You will be a team player and lead by example. Innovation and seeking new opportunities in the market will come naturally to you and you will be adaptable to market changes.
You will be a key player in the team and will be responsible for ensuring the overall business is up to date on Energy matters and remains compliant.
The role will principally focus on the following:
Management and Leadership
- Inspire confidence and energise the people within your team
- Review performance and drive continuous improvement via annual reviews
- Manage members of the team, providing advice, guidance, mentoring, personal development plans and direction to all members of the team.
- Ensure 100% compliance with professional responsibilities and obligations
- Have a thorough understanding of, and deliver, invoicing, cash flow, fee forecasts, business development in line with annual targets set by the management team and people issues
- Ensure that new business is developed and delivered into your team
- Define scope of project
- Deliver detailed ‘investment ready’ business plan for each project
- Adopt standard project management tools
- Coordinate project from concept to delivery
- Handle multiple projects
- Understand critical timeframes
- Resolve difficulties that arise
- Ensure prompt delivery of each project phase
- Ensure client (internal and external) is fully informed of progress at all times
- Use project management tools to their full extent
- Assist in the review and refinement of project management tools
Key Client Projects
- Take responsibility for handling high value complex instructions with minimal supervision
- Take responsibility for key client management, being the day to day contact for high level clients.
- Understanding and delivering success for a number of differing clients/projects
- Deliver high quality client-driven results
- Identify opportunities for both clients and the firm
- Maximise value to clients
Consultation with Third Parties/Stakeholders
- Undertake consultation with third parties/stakeholders
- Ensure all consultation is carried out in a prompt and organised fashion
- Build up good working relationships with consultees/stakeholders
- Report back to client (both internal and external)
- Have a grasp of the financials of each project
- Identify funding
- Coordinate and submit funding applications
- Understand current taxation, lending and equity funding in relation to capital projects
Planning, Contracting and Construction
- Working knowledge of planning policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of construction build out projects
- Project manage multiple contracting and construction projects
- Negotiating complex contractual agreements
- Providing contractual experience (JCT and NEC3)
- Build relationships with commercial partners
- Negotiate heads of terms
- Be a central point of contact between client and commercial partner
- Invite tenders
- Review tenders
- Commission works
- Manage installation process
- Assist with the marketing across the enterprise
- Prepare marketing plans
- Follow up on leads
- Prepare press releases
- Actively cross sell the services of the core business
- Strong proven track record in the industry
- Must be a strong and effective leader, inspiring confidence in everything you do
- Able to manage effectively a diverse, multi-disciplinarily team
- Must be able to delegate projects and tasks effectively.
- Must be exceptionally organised capable of dealing with a large number of complex projects. Ability to manage own time and supervise a team essential
- High level of business acumen
- Sound knowledge of business and management principles.
- Focus on the cultivation of existing and new clients and referrers to boost income and growth
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and others in a clear and practical manner. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.