Property Manager is required to join a thriving team and in Bishopston, Bristol. Known for their keen eye for detail and exceptional standards of service my client is eager to secure a first class individual in to their team as a Property Manager.
• Liaise with the Company’s Letting Agent/s regarding new move- in’s, tenancies terminating, ensuring void periods are kept to a minimum, obtaining up-to-date valuations for renewals etc.
• Continual management of the database system.
• Act as day to day point of contact for all matters relating to property management including collection of rent and instructing solicitor intervention where necessary (as authorized by the Portfolio Manager).
• Organise and action property maintenance on the property lettings portfolio.
• Liaising with tenants and contractors to ensure quotes are received for maintenance work and liaise with Portfolio Manager. Ensure work is completed in a satisfactorily, cost effective and timely manner.
• Carry out regular planned property inspections in line with the property profile and organise works as necessary.
• To provide a summary report of the inspection including items for immediate action, items for long term action and supporting evidence. Make recommendations to enhance the property and maintain high yield.
• To undertake written and video inventories for check-in’s and check-out’s.
• To organise and project manage all remedial work required as a result of the inspection in liaison with the Portfolio Manager, tenant and contractor.
• To organise annual gas safety certificates on all properties where appropriate.
• To organise energy performance certificates where necessary.
• Notifying utility companies of a change in occupier, dates and meter readings.
• Liaise with utility companies and councils regarding the Company’s void periods in relation to the communal areas
• Keep the property database up to date with all tasks entered into and any other associated tools.
• To support the Property Management team as and when required.
• AOB as required from time to time by the firm.
• Well-developed customer services, communication, writing and listening skills
• Task oriented with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent problem solver
• Able to professionally resolve conflict that may arise from time to time.
• Excellent telephone manner
• Great interpersonal skills
• Full driving license & own car
• Computer literate including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Qualifications to include Maths and English GCSE
• Polite and patient at all times
• Able to juggle several tasks at one time in a busy office environment
• Excellent knowledge of the Housing Act including, but not restricted to, the deposits procedure and ensure continual update of change to legislation.
• Good understanding of property maintenance, including plumbing and electrics.
• Background in customer services within a maintenance environment
• NFOPP technical qualification working towards.
• Strong local knowledge
• Minimum of 1 years Property Management experience
• Fantastic telephone manner
This is a really exciting opportunity for a driven Property Manager who is hungry for a change.
For more information on this role please contact Carrianne at AMR on 01242 228362