I am currently seeking an experienced Land Agent with an in depth knowledge of East London. The company are hoping to open up their first office on Old Street and will be a specialist agency focusing on Land acquisition and New Homes. The owner, who has had a very successful career at one of London's top agencies, has spotted a niche in the residential market and is aiming to use his extensive contacts and industry knowledge to fill this gap in the market. They have a list of Developers waiting to work with them and their office has not even opened.
The role for the Land Agent will be to source and instruct development opportunities in East London and will require a pro-active individual who is not afraid of making cold approaches and knocking on doors. As it is a new office, the position will require a person with a strong list of contacts and several years' experience in East London. They will be looking for opportunities from between 15 and 40 units to ensure a quick turnover of stock, this may progress as the business grows. The aim for the company is to offer great incentives and reward staff using a meritocratic system for advancing their career so the first in are likely to flourish at the company. This opportunity comes with the possibility to build and lead a team down the line.
Main responsibilities for the Land Agent:
- To source and successfully instruct development opportunities within East London
- Make cold approaches to Land owners to find relevant instructions
- Make and maintain relations with developers and Land owners
- Utilise relations with Developers for future instructions
- Work to successfully launch a successful team and agency
The ideal Land Agent will:
- Have several years' experience of operating within East London either as a Land Agent, Land buyer or Land manager
- Have a strong list of contacts within East London
- Be able to source and appraise potential sites without assistance
- Eventually be able to manage and lead a team
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Be a strong communicator both verbally and written
For more information or to apply for the role please contact Harry.Cairns@deverellsmith.com or call 020 3056 0289.