We have recently been retained by a family propco with a long-established Strategic Land Operation based in Kent in order to identify an experienced professional to work alongside the family and current employees. The key aspects will be to identify and secure new Strategic Land opportunities and then to assist in delivering returns from sites that are successfully acquired.
The opportunity has arisen as a result of the retirement of one of the current employees and recent strategic land successes that have generated significant amounts of cash to reinvest into future opportunities.
The candidate should have experience in Strategic Land Acquisitions and an understanding of the Planning System. They must have the negotiating skills and contacts to secure opportunities, the technical skills to carry out financial appraisals of prospective acquisitions and a capability to develop strategies for land promotion.
Initially prime importance will be on securing new acquisitions but there is scope for the right candidate to take on a much wider role in assisting and managing promotion of sites through the planning process as time progresses, with the prospect of sharing directly in gains at the point that they arise.
About the role:
- Acquiring land on behalf of the family with the view to promote
- Approaching land owners and establishing joint ventures to promote and dispose of the land
- Managing the process from JV/acquisition through to disposal, along with relevant consultants
- Working as #2 to the managing director with regards to their strategic land arm
- Disposing of land post planning through network and relevant channels
- Established network of contacts within the land and residential development market
- Experience of working in a transnational capacity, commercial agency or land and development
- Knowledge of the strategic land process with exposure to planning issues and requirements
If you would like to discuss in more detail, please call Sebastian on +44 (0) 20 3056 0291.