Provider of information, marketing and analytic services to commercial real estate professionals in the USA & across Europe
3,500 people working for the company worldwide, including the largest professional research organisation in the industry.
A software platform service offers customers convenient online access to the most comprehensive database of commercial real estate information - space available for lease, comparable sales information, tenant information, properties for sale, property information for clients' web sites, industry professional directory, analytic information, data integration, property advertising and industry news.
The Field Research Manager is responsible for leading a field-based team of full-time staff, with the goal of providing customers with the highest quantity and quality of commercial property information.
The Field Research Manager is responsible for driving the overall performance of the Field Research team, ensuring the delivery of business objectives through lead hunting and grid canvassing projects that will result in complete coverage of all commercial properties and transactions in the United Kingdom with photos, footprints and rooftop geocodes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strong and effective leadership and vision to the field research team through the implementation and clear communication of business objectives
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the activity of the field research team to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency and performance is achieved
- Implement and monitor the annual and medium-term operational plans and projects to meet overall objectives and agreed timings
- Ensure research process is being executed and that all information collected by the field research team is accurate and submitted on a timely basis
- Lead the development of positive and productive working relationships with regional research teams ensure these relationships are continually improved upon
- Manage all personnel issues related to the field research team ensuring minimum performance standards are achieved. Complete regular reviews and appraisals with Field Researchers to ensure the expertise of the team continues to develop and improve
- Work with the QA/Training Managers to develop meaningful audits that check data against reality and set benchmarks for field research performance and improvement
- Recruit, mentor and develop a team of Field Researchers with demonstrated top level performance, exceptional communication skills and the highest level of integrity
- Act as an ambassador for the organisation research to both internal and external customers
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Essential Experience
- Proven leadership experience, managing remote teams of 10+
- Demonstrated business acumen. Ability to articulate and execute corporate strategy
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to manage in a complex environment, leading, motivating and driving teams towards action/execution through influence and collaboration
- Good financial awareness and ability to demonstrate understanding of KPI's and budgets
- Technical Skills
- Digital photography experience
- Mapping or GIS experience
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and MS Office
- Analytical skills - making sense of data, challenging data, coming up with the story behind the numbers
- Presentation skills - effective presentation and communication of ideas to get stakeholder buy-in
- Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent problem solving, research and analytical skills; attention to detail, objectivity and ability to think strategically
- Results oriented and proactive approach with excellent problem solving abilities and high levels of energy and drive
- Self-starter with clear, concise and polished verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to interact with all levels of internal company contacts, international contacts and current or prospective clients
- Outstanding organisational skills and agility
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with experience in senior management