Our client require an outstanding General Manager to lead the team of an exciting, innovative and brand new development in Leeds. The General Manager will be solely responsible for delivering all aspects of the letting and management of the development, including the delivery of exceptionally high quality customer service. To oversee the Resident Services, Facilities Management and all 3rd party suppliers, including contractors and marketing providers working on/in the building or the development. Some key indicators that you will be responsible for include:
- Letting up & Stabilisation
- Marketing and Advertising
- Property & Block Management
- Health & Safety
- People Management
- Compliance Management
What will I be responsible for?
- Customer experience
- Building a sense of community
- Customer and Client Costs
- Financial and Budget Management
- People Recruiting
- Operations of the customer journey
- Running a legally and regulatory compliant Building
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Customer service
- Public relations
- Health and Safety
- People Management
- IRPM foundation level (or willingness to work towards).
- Health and Safety qualification.
- ARLA Qualification
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship skills with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels within the organisation.
- First class skills in delivering and sustaining high quality customer service, including negotiation skills and dealing with difficult situations.
- High levels of energy, drive, enthusiasm and passion for developing themselves and supporting their team
- To effectively manage and lead the team and to provide the customers with consistently efficient and high quality services.
- To provide and present performance and relevant business reports as required by the Head of Build to Rent including performance and financial reports and forecasts.
- To lead on the effective management of Health and Safety to ensure the highest standards of health and safety are achieved.
- To lead on, develop, implement, and monitor quality processes to ensure compliance and continuous improvement targets are being met.
- To participate and contribute, as required, to the strategic and operational management of the business.
- To manage and coordinate contractors when needed.
- To keep all legal documentation in presentable fashion and available at all times.
- To co-ordinate, instruct and allow access for services to the development, such as refuse collection, deliveries, repairs and maintenance and utility companies.
- To provide guidance and assistance to residents in a willing and friendly manner to ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times.
- To deal effectively with complaints and remain courteous at all times.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as other systems such as databases or booking systems (training will be provided).
- Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation - must be proficient with current Health, Safety and Environment legislation and practice.
What benefits do we offer?
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Internal sales and letting and recruitment referral fees
- Auto enrolment into our Pension scheme
- Discounted flexible benefits scheme (such as car parking or gym membership)
- Company away days and summer BBQ's.
Deverell Smith is a leading executive search firm in the Build to Rent sector. Our team works with a wide range of BTR companies, recruiting roles across Investment, Development and Operational Management. We also have a large US presence, recruiting roles into the US Multifamily market with a number of high profile clients. If you are currently working in the Build to Rent sector, or interested in learning more please get in touch with our Build to Rent team.