My client is a local independent property advisor and commercial agent working for Landlords and Tenants predominantly in the Richmond upon Thames area but also within the M25. We were established in 1929 and has strong ties with the local business community based in Teddington, South West London.
We employ around 20 people (plus aligned consultants) who are focussed on a 'client led' approach to property consultancy.
My client promotes an entrepreneurial culture that filters through the business, enabling its staff to act with autonomy and flexibility, but in the knowledge they have the support of other experienced approachable members of staff at their fingertips.
Candidates should ideally have a proven track record working on varying commercial and residential property types.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and deliver a range of high quality professional services including:
- Residential & Commercial Valuations for loan security, tax, portfolio and developments
- Leasehold Reform Valuations (experience not essential, but must be able and willing to learn)
- Commercial Rent Reviews, Lease Renewals & Re-gears and related Landlord and Tenant matters
- Maintain and develop key clients
- Work collaboratively with other departments/colleagues to generate new instructions
- Acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Manage budgets and billing on specific client accounts
- Developing and maintaining a strong network of external contacts
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Educated to degree level with a good record of academic attainment.
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
- RICS Registered Valuer.
- Minimum 2-3 years post qualification experience.
- Well-developed understanding and experience of varying commercial and residential property types.
- Good understanding of red book valuations.
- Proven ability to build successful relationships with both internal and external parties at all levels.
- In depth knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to role.
- Broad generalist property expertise, strong conceptual skills, able to develop innovative property solutions in line with client's requirements.
- IT knowledge of Word, Excel.
- A collaborative team player and achiever.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with strong presentational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Commercially astute and adept at thinking outside the box
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Tenacious and entrepreneurial, with strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive, flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service
- Live within a commuting distance of no more than 30 minutes from our office in Teddington.