A leading firm of Chartered Surveyors based in central London who have advised on some of the most iconic developments in the UK who specialise in neighbourly matters are looking for a Rights of Lights Surveyor of any level to join their team to provide expert advice for either the developer or the neighbour.
The main outlines of the role of the Rights of Lights Surveyor will entail preparing reports providing evidence for both planned applications and appeals, give advice and risk management of issues that may affect the progress of the projects and advising clients on the implications to their project in respect to daylight, sunlight and common law.
The ideal Rights of Lights Surveyor will:
- Exposure to Right of Lights surveying
- Come from a legal back ground with excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of a range of relevant case laws relating to Right of Lights
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience of working on party wall agreements
- Knowledge of dealing with boundary disputes
- Experience in other areas of building surveying for instance dilapidations, contract administration and build surveys.
- Ability to understand legal documents such as a lease
If you are coming from another background and are looking to get into property this is the perfect opportunity to get into the industry.
- Salary will be: £25k - £35k
- Great support and training for junior candidates
- Opportunities for career development
If you are considering a career move but this position is not right for you, please give Harry a call to discuss other roles which could be more suitable. Harry specialises in surveying recruitment across Developers, Consultancies and Main Contractors, welcoming any speculative applications, permanent or contract at all levels.