Deverell Smith are working exclusively with Rettie & Co. to find a Head of BTR Operations to lead and grow their expanding Build to Rent team in Scotland.
About the Role
Rettie & Co. have an established a strong presence in the mid-market/intermediate rent (MMR) sector, dealing with the letting and management of homes and the wider estates, funded through Scottish Government's National Housing Trust (NHT) initiative.
Due to continued growth of the business, and their strategy to expand the services offered in the growing Build To Rent sector, Rettie & Co. are now are looking for someone to be accountable for leading the design and implementation of the BTR strategy. This includes overseeing the operational BTR team with the primary objective of delivering a Best in Class customer experience for their BTR residents and landlords, as well as optimising portfolio performance for investors.
The successful candidate will also work collaboratively with the BTR Business Development Director and wider Executive Team to identify and win new business within the BTR sector.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the following:
- Leading the ongoing design and implementation of the BTR strategy.
- Agreeing long term and annual BTR budgets and developing and implementing a plan to achieve these, setting and monitoring relevant team KPIs and objectives.
- Collaborating effectively with the Rettie operations team in the implementation of the BTR strategy, taking the lead in ensuring BTR support requirements are understood and delivered within timescale and budget.
- Providing supportive and inspiring leadership to the BTR team by managing their performance in accordance with Rettie's values and policies.
- Delivering our 'Best in Class' vision for resident and client experience by effectively utilising and developing our operational platforms to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Building a team that welcomes feedback and strives for continuous improvement - developing targets and measures, and a corresponding remuneration package that rewards success.
- Applying expert knowledge to identify areas of improvement and implement ideas that improve operational efficiency and customer/ client experience.
- Ensuring asset performance is maximised for our clients through effective people, systems and processes and is communicated regularly via regular reporting.
- Working with the BTR Business Development Director and Executive team to support Rettie's new business growth target, assisting with the tender process.
- Leading the integration of new clients and/or portfolios.
- Building and managing professional client relationships, that engender trust and credibility.
- Ensuring policies and practices of compliance and safety are met always.
- Keeping up to date of the BTR market, relevant technology and legislative changes which may impact the BTR strategy and performance of the portfolio.
The successful candidate will have previous operational experience at regional level or above within Build to Rent, Purpose Build Student Accommodation or other Housing asset classes.
Please contact Nick Hammond in confidence to discuss this opportunity further.
Deverell Smith and Rettie & Co are working in partnership on this opportunity and any direct candidates will be forwarded onto their agents.