An exciting opportunity has arisen within a Commercial Property Management company looking to recruit for a newly created Head of Accounts position to manage their team of client accountants.
Our client are looking for somebody with management experience within client accounts to help get the most out of the existing team and make additions and adjustments as deemed necessary. So if you are looking for a role that gives you the responsibility on making key decisions within the client accounts team to improve processes and efficiency then this could be an ideal role for you.
The role has opportunities to grow as the company does but initially the responsibilities for the incoming Head of Accounts will be:
- Preparation and submission of client statements, trial balances, VAT reports and general ledgers
- Managing an accounts team made up of client accountants and accounts assistants of varying experience levels
- Act as point of contact with Asset Managers and Property Managers to ensure leases and accounts are accurate
- Raising rent, service charges, insurance and any ad hoc charges
- Monthly reconciliation of the client bank accounts including correction of reconciling items
This role is key to the success of the business and will involve working with the directors of the business ensuring that all the company is aligned in their ambitions and aims.
Our client is looking for somebody with at least four years working within commercial property accounting for this position. They are looking for somebody with the following skills for this position:
- Prior experience managing personnel within a commercial client accounts team is essential
- A knowledge of current commercial property legislation is strongly desired
- Strong communication is crucial for this position, both verbal and written
- You must be proactive and able to act promptly to improve the team when necessary, rather than waiting until told to do so by directors
- Experience using property management systems such as Yardi and Bluebox would be advantageous
- A track record dealing with accounts for shopping centres would be ideal but is not essential
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in and you fit the criteria outlined above then apply now. Alternatively if you would like to know more about this opportunity before applying then call Joseph Morris at Deverell Smith for more information.