I am currently looking for a Head of Development to work on a large re-generation scheme in the heart of Central London. The scheme which should take 15 - 20 years to deliver will bring new living, office, and retail and leisure space to the Capital. The scheme currently has an adopted Masterplan and GLA housing zone status so the next step will be to implement the Masterplan.
The individual should be experienced in urban regeneration, preferably either directly for a Local Authority or Registered Provider, although equally from a developer working in conjunction with a Local Authority. Experienced in all aspects of regeneration, including negotiation with the GLA, as well as being politically astute and working closely with residents and local stakeholders.
Main responsibilities for the Head of Development:
- Implement the masterplan for the Regeneration Scheme
- Looking at the business case - CPO Strategy, Delivery options etc.
- Appoint and manage a multi-disciplinary design team to progress design to RIBA stage 2 in order to support a CPO and business case.
- Lead negotiations with GLA and Stakeholders
- Manage and appoint any new and existing staff members.
The ideal Head of Development will:
- Be experienced in regeneration schemes
- Have prior experience negotiating with The GLA at a senior level
- Have assessed and implemented development options
- Come from working directly with a Local Authority or RP, this may be in a JV
- Have significant experience working with stakeholders.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary - up to £100,000
- Up to 15% Bonus
- 36 hour weeks
- 32 days Holiday (option to buy a further 10)
For more information or to apply to this role, please upload your CV as instructed.