Deverell Smith are thrilled to be exclusively retained to find our client their next Head of Planning to helping to shape the future of London. With developments coming out of the ground as we speak, there are tens of years' worth of schemes to take forward.
You will be an independent individual with an interest in working within a collaborative environment where your self-starting nature will flourish. While this role is a "head of" role and carries great responsibility, their successful model is very lean so you will not have any direct reports, but have a strong network and number of external consultants to manage. You will be a driven professional and a natural problem solver, with a passion for the build environment.
This role is an unrivalled opportunity to input into the masterplan and next phases of development. Unlike many developers, the culture is not at all corporate. This would suit someone who has a track record in securing large-scale planning permissions within London, but does not conform to rules necessarily, and likes thinking outside of the box.
Your role will involve:
- Collaborating internally with construction, sales and marketing teams
- Managing external consultants to co-ordinate planning applications, and input into masterplans
- Strategizing and guiding planning direction of the firm and future schemes
- Stakeholder engagement with the public and institutions such as the GLA, TfL and LBs
- Partnering with the development team, dealing with S106 analysis and negotiations
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful developer who is challenging the way we see planning and development in London.
We are shortlisting for the role this week, so please apply with your CV ASAP and I will call you to discuss and meet. Your CV will not automatically go over to them or on the shortlist but I can log your interest and progress to meet me if your experience is suitable.
For any more information, please do give me (Kate) a call on 0203 056 6282.