Head of Property Management
My client is the leading independent property consultancy in the UK offering agency and professional advice across Commercial, Residential and Rural sectors.
Based in their Global HQ in the West End the Lettings Division is looking to recruit a Head of Property Management for two regions within the division
You will be responsible for managing a team of property managers looking after portfolios of properties inside and outside of London as well as overseeing Supplier Management, End of Tenancies and a Safety Team.
To oversee the teams and individuals carrying out the functions below and ensure effective management and compliance of these processes.
- Completion of pre-tenancy works
- Pro-active, routine and emergency maintenance during tenancies
- Property visits twice a year on each property and follow up on any works or requirements that are raised
- Co-ordinate and oversee refurbishment projects in accordance with CDM regulations
- Working with offices to ensure properties are ready for move in and no move in takes place without being compliant or prepared
- Scheduling check out appointments when due and managing disbursement of deposits and dilapidation's claims for managed and non-managed portfolios
- Overseeing the client relationship and management of The Church Commissioners AST portfolio
- Responsibility for the delivery of exceptional Super Prime Property Management
- Supervise the New Developments Property Management function and ensure the team manage warrantee expectations and those of the Customer Care team.
- Ensure the Home Counties Property Management team are supported and directed as necessary.
- Ensure constant review of existing and new procedures is undertaken
Compliance and Legislation
- To oversee the running and compliance of the Safety Team ensuring all areas of compliance checks such as gas safety inspections and PAT tests are conducted within statutory and procedural time frames during and prior to the start of tenancies
- Ensure all completed checks are fully and accurately completed and that they are fully passed and next actions are set accordingly
- Set and check KPI targets for fee income and performance from all aspects of the Property Management, deposit return and Safety Team function.
- Provide ongoing and regular reporting to show compliance and fees across the portfolio
- Ensure full accountability within the department and where appropriate the offices on statutory compliance
- Being the first point of contact for client concerns where Regional Property Managers are not able to resolve an issue
- Providing detailed responses to customer complaints and where necessary liaising with the Customer Service Manager on the resolution of complaints
- Actively seeking out ways to improve customer service and experience
- Oversee the running of the contractor panel via the Contractor Manager
- Carrying out regular contractor reviews looking at works standard, cost and turnaround time
- Timely payment of all contractor invoices and review of unpaid and outstanding invoices
- Registration of new contractors using agreed procedure and terms using logging information onto Aspasia.
- On-going verification of public liability insurance and trade accreditation
Systems and reporting
- Word and excel
- Monthly reporting on compliance and exceptions
- Reporting on volume of works and turnaround times, outstanding payments and other performance statistics as appropriate.
Professional experience and personal skills profile
Career Experience Required
- To be considered for this role you must have at least three year's experience in a similar role managing a team
- Five years property management experience
- Good knowledge of heating and hot water systems, plumbing and electrical
- Extensive knowledge of legislative requirements concerning property management
- Knowledge of common parts management
- Experience of client management
- Ability and experience carrying out staff 1-2-1's and appraisals
Particular Aptitudes/Skills Required
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well within a team and on their own.
- Experience in communicating with Lettings Managers and Regional Partners (or equivalent)
- The ability to communicate with landlords and tenants in a confident manner.
- The ability to stay calm during a crisis.
- To keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- ARLA qualified