Housing Benefits Assessor Willesden NW11 £30,000
My client is looking for a candidate to join their busy team who has Housing Benefit with Universal Credit assessment experience and high standards of quality and output. Their service supports some of the most vulnerable people in London and they would expect all candidates to be able to demonstrate an outstanding commitment to customer service, including written correspondence and telephone skills. They require assessors to be experienced at assessing claims under Housing Benefit and Universal Credit.
This person will be familiar with HMOs and Social Housing, could currently be working for a local authority and want to get into the private sector.
• To determine and assess all awards of Housing Benefit, Council Tax reductions, Universal Credit, discounts and exemptions promptly and in accordance with legislation. Including complex claims e.g. homeless, hostels, recent migrants, self – employed and student transactions.
• Review and respond to customer appeals and complaints in accordance to existing policy and procedure. When required, represent the service at tribunal in respect of such cases.
• To comply with new and existing Revenues and Benefits legislation and working practises, including keeping up to date with the contents of the procedure manual and employee handbook.
• Accurately maintain computerised records and full systems administration of Council Tax liability, Housing Benefit entitlement, Universal Credit benefit payments, debt recovery and customer contact.
• To support the service through the sharing of best practise, expertise and assist staff development through providing mentoring and training support.
• Ensure the validity of Housing Benefit & Council Tax reduction claims and support vulnerable claimants by assisting them in setting up their claims.
• Experience of/in a similar position
• Experience and confidence in using ICT regularly in previous roles to frequently and accurately input data and/or to retrieve information.
• Demonstrable experience in a customer service environment, with the ability to evidence understanding and application of customer care principles and procedures
• An understanding of Performance Management expectations and compliance
• Manages own time and workload to meet deadlines within acceptable quality and productivity standards.
• Follows established procedures with reference to relevant guidance manuals codes of practice and applies to standard situations.
• Handles numerical tasks confidently, displaying a sound grasp of basic maths.
• Analyses information using standard procedures; identifies errors and acts to correct.
• High levels of interpersonal skills in both listening or communicating a message to others (oral and written)
• Strong empathetic skills and ability to deal consistently with customers
• Writes in plain English and presents material in an appropriate and concise format
• Ability to problem-solve and prioritise workload - dealing effectively with last minute and urgent work
• Aptitude for change and flexibility of approach/ ability to multi-task
• Excellent team player and able to work independently in a positive and constructive manner.
This is working full time hours on a permanent basis. 9:30am - 6:30pm, Monday - Friday
Job Ref: RPNWRC0141
Contact Details: If this sounds like a role that would interest you, please contact Ian Roberts at Rayner Personnel – North West London.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive any candidates applying who do not appear to have the appropriate experience may not receive a reply. If you have experience that is not clear in your cv please put relevant details into your job application/cover note.
Rayner Personnel provides a personal bespoke recruitment service to the Property Industry. We spend the time planning with you your next career move, and as far as we are able, ensure we only match you to the right positions. If you are looking for roles in North West London, you can chat, in complete confidence, to one of our recruitment experts. We are always receiving new opportunities and not all are advertised online.
Contact us today by email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: raynerpersonnel.com