I am currently working for an established Developer in South West London who are looking for a MRICS land Manager. The company are very exciting and look to purchase brownfield sites in the South West London region, convert and refurbish them and then add to their Prop co or sell on the open market. Specialising in revitalising dilapidated buildings they have the funds and experience at their disposal to excel your career.
The role would to be to work directly with the owner as he heads up the acquisition arm of the 15 man strong company. This position will really enhance your technical abilities in carrying out due diligence, running appraisals and assessing planning requirements vital to becoming a well-rounded Land Manager. There will also be an aspect of site finding and acquisition and the target would be to purchase around 4 sites per year. This is a great chance for an emerging Land buyer/manager to ply their trade and learn from an experienced team. There is also the opportunity to progress to a Development Manager who would continue to acquire sites.
The main responsibilities for the Land Manager:
- Source suitable Development sites both on and off the market
- Appraise both commercial and residential
- Work alongside the development team to take acquired sites through to construction
- Carry out due diligence on and visit potential sites
- Assist the director in putting together and negotiating bids for potential sites.
- Acquire 3 - 4 new sites
The ideal Land manager will:
- Ideally be MRICS accredited
- Have a proven track record of sourcing and acquiring sites
- Be hungry and ambitious to progress their career potentially to Development Manager
- Have an intimate knowledge of the planning system
- Be competent using Argus developer and Excel
Salary and Benefits:
- Basic - £35,000 - £40,000 + Car
- Structured acquisition/planning bonus structure
- OTE £70,000 - £80,000