An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for an established law firm as a Legal Cashier. You have the ability to be an integral part of an incredible team responsible for the clearance of legacy client balances. The ideal candidate will have a vast knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and to be aware of and comply with SAR's, VAT and HMIT regulations.
- Integrate within a team to be able to investigate and clear legacy client account balances, disbursements and WIP balances against targets.
- To effectively communicate on different platforms with Partners and solicitors, to gain an understanding for balances being held and where necessary contact the clients.
- To interact with the cashiering team, ensuring that the transfers are done, adhering to time constraints.
- Ensure bills are being raised to clear any disbursements and WIP balances, taking into consideration clear financial protocols laid down.
- To use different search platforms to research client address details as to return funds to clients.
- Using word templates to return client funds in the most efficient manner possible.
- To undertake any specific training when required doing so and overall having a responsibility towards self-development.
- Assisting within the department or any other duties as reasonably required.
- Attending departmental meetings and making recommendations.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- To have understanding as to bookkeeping and gained strong experience in legal cashiering
- IT literate, highly numerate
- Self-driven, ability to follow procedures and protocols
- Proven accuracy with good attention to detail
- Good communication