Our client is an established firm one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing residential property sales companies, with an enviable reputation in the industry.
Due to a focused expansion programme and increased levels of business, we are now seeking to appoint an experienced Solicitor / Licensed Conveyancer to be based at the Newcastle office.
- You must be a qualified licensed conveyancer or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years PQE.
- Must have experience of dealing with conveyancing matters such as purchases, sales and remortgages from inception to conclusion.
- Experience of working for a firm dealing with volume conveyancing and managing people would be preferred, but is not essential.
- To deliver an efficient and effective legal service and provide support to the conveyancing department
- Protect client interests at all times, whilst taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering
- Obtain and check land registry documents and title deeds (if the land is unregistered)
- Carry out and check pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence or liability for unsound building structures and repairs
- Advise clients on the technical content of the documents and their implications
- To ensure all files comply with the company policies and the regulatory framework of the Council for Licensed Conveyancers
- Undertake general administration duties, using a high degree of self-management and initiative
- Deal with clients, both in person and on the telephone, in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information
- To present yourself and the company in the best possible way be that on the phone, via written communication or in person to our partner agents their clients and all other associated persons relating to your role
- To show your enthusiasm, determination and drive to deliver our key objectives at every opportunity
- To immediately advise the management of any issues that have been brought to your attention regarding any matter regarding money laundering or deemed out of the ordinary or that may escalate to a complaint towards us or a partner agent.
- Up To £32,000pa depending on experience
- Excellent long term career prospects
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a market leading organisation with an enviable reputation in the industry.